Name: Laboratory of Natural Product Chemistry
Director of Laboratory: Dr. Maria del Rayo Camacho Corona
Academic Area of Director: Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: School of Graduate Studies
Phone: 8329 4000 Extension 3463
The Laboratory of Natural Product Chemistry Laboratory is committed to research by performing isolation and structural characterization of natural products with pharmacological properties, as well as obtaining synthetic, semi-synthetic, and biotechnological compounds with potential pharmacological and biofuel uses.
1. Dr. Maria del Rayo Camacho Corona
2. Dr. Edgar Abraham Garcia Zepeda
1. Chemistry and pharmacology of natural and semi-synthetic products with antituberculous, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal properties.
2. Chemistry and pharmacology of natural and synthetic products with potential anticancer, antidiabetic and antituberculous properties; semi-synthesis for bioactive natural product diversity; precursor-based synthesis for biofuels and biocatalysis.
Equipment and Instruments:
1. High-performance liquid chromatograph
2. Rotary evaporators
3. Analytical balances
4. UV-Vis spectrophotometer
5. UV lamp
6. Stirring hot plates
7. Ultrasonic cleaner
Study of natural products.
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 19:00