Bachelor on Science in Chemical Engineer
CREATION OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
The Chemical Engineering educational program was created on September 23, 1936 in the scholar modality and since January 17, 2022 the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering is offered in a mixed modality.
The Chemical Engineering Area of the UANL School of Chemical Sciences will be internationally recognized in 2030 due to the quality of its undergraduate and graduate education, research, cooperative efforts with industry, and community service, as part of a socially responsible, world-class organization.
To be part of the UANL School of Chemical Sciences, which according to its vision, performs activities directed toward education, research, service, management, and liaison, encouraging scientific, technological, and human development with precise observation of safety norms and environment protection in order to improve the quality of society’s life.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS QUALIFICATIONS
The applicant to enter the Chemical Engineering educational program must meet the following characteristics:
– Must have solid knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry and general culture.
– Be able to analyze and apply specific textual and graphic information.
– Correctly communicate their ideas orally and in writing.
– Possess logical-mathematical thinking to understand and interpret logical relationships and patterns.
– Capacity for reading comprehension of informative, argumentative and narrative texts of medium complexity.
Likewise, it is desirable that the student possesses the following characteristics:
– Have the ability to work in a team and resolve conflicts.
– Show a responsible, positive and tenacious attitude.
– To be entrepreneur.
– Behave with honesty, respect and punctuality.
– Be committed to their physical and mental development.
– Have the capacity to make decisions with social responsibility.
Train professionals in Chemical Engineering responsible for the transformation of matter and energy that design chemical, physical and biological processes under the criteria of sustainability, the statutes of regulations and current local, national and international laws; in the same way that they use resources efficiently and innovate products or processes through the development of cutting-edge engineering projects using the principles of scientific research and technological trends. Likewise, they propose control strategies for the transformation industry processes, through the evaluation of the data obtained that allow their safe and efficient operation. They are professionals capable of leading inter, multi and transdisciplinary work teams and in their actions, they practice the values of the UANL such as respect, fairness and integrity.
Moreover, they are professionals that seek to contribute to the sustainable development of society and generate value-added services or products in the transformation and service industry at the local and global levels.
The educational objectives of the program reflect the application of the knowledge, skills and attitudes developed during their academic training, once the graduate contextualizes it in the labor field, during the exercise of the profession. The graduates of the Chemical Engineering program of the UANL must:
1. Perform successfully in the chemical industry and in technical and administrative areas. Such industries include glass, steel, cement, oil, gas, food, environmental, among others.
2. Continuously update in their professional area and carry out postgraduate studies in Chemical Engineering or whatever their professional practice demands.
3. Exercise their profession with professional, ethical and social responsibility commitment.
4. Participate collaboratively in the development of diverse projects.
Chemical Engineering Educational Program
Semester: August- June
*possible graduates to October 2022
|Current outcomes (Specific Competences for Chemical Engineer)||1||2||3||4||5||6||7|
|1.- Design processes for the chemical industry based on the laws of conservation of matter, energy, physicochemical phenomena, and transport, considering cultural, global and sustainability criteria, to generate solutions with added value in the productive and service sectors.||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|2.-Develop innovative projects for the operation of industrial processes based on the technical knowledge and tools of economic engineering, administration, and quality systems to ensure continuous improvement through the efficient use of economic, human, technological, energy and financial resources. materials in the transformation and service industry.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|3.-Evaluate engineering systems by performing adequate experimentation, analysis, and interpretation of data, to assist in making decisions that maximize environmental, social and economic benefits in the transformation and service industry.||✓||✓||✓|
|4.-Supervise the operation of industrial processes considering the variability of operating conditions, the fundamentals of process control, risk analysis, process analysis and synthesis, as well as compliance with quality standards and the requirements of environmental regulations and of security for the achievement of the objectives and production goals of the organizations.||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
1. The ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying the principles of engineering, basic science, and mathematics.
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze, and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
The Chemical Engineer graduate is characterized by being responsible for the transformation of matter and energy that designs chemical, physical and biological processes under the criteria of sustainability, the statutes of regulations and current local, national and international laws; in the same way that it uses resources efficiently and innovates in products or processes through the development of cutting-edge engineering projects using the principles of scientific research and technological trends.
Likewise, it proposes control strategies for the processes of the transformation industry, through the evaluation of the data obtained that allow its safe and efficient operation.
Career Areas for Chemical Engineers
Chemical engineers have a wide employment field due to the skills and knowledge acquired during their academic training. They are part of national and international enterprises, participate in both public and private sectors, in scientific research institutions and high-level university programs. The main sectors where a chemical engineer can work are:
o El Consejo de Acreditación de la Enseñanza en Ingeniería, A. C., (CACEI)
o Ending Dicember 2022
o The Chemical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org
o High Academic Performance Program Level 1 plus recognized by the CENEVAL according to the results obtained in the EGEL 2021
Faculty of Chemical Sciences
Chemical Engineering and Environmental Engineering Area
Tel.: 8329 40 00 Ext: 6281 y 6349
Facebook: Siqiam Uanl
Selective Elective Course Catalog
|Sem.||Learning Unit||Curricular Area||Full Name of the Learning Unit|
|5||Selective Elective Course I||ACFP-F||Fundamentals of Microbiology|
|Integral Solid Waste Management|
|Fundamentals for Sustainability|
|Total per semester|
|6||Selective Elective Course II||ACFP-F||Bioprocess Engineering|
|Ceramic Material Technologies|
|Total per semester|
|7||Selective Elective Course III||ACFP-F||Industrial Biotechnology|
|Air Pollution Monitoring and Control|
|Metallic Materials Technology|
|Energy Networks and Optimization|
|Total per semester|
2.3 CURRICULUM MAP
o CHEMICAL ENGINEERING LAB
o ENERGY AND CATALISIS LAB
o MATERIALS III LAB
o PHYSICOCHEMICAL PROCESSES LAB
- RELATED WEBSITES
Academia Mexicana de Investigación y Docencia en Ingeniería Química
Instituto Mexicano de Ingenieros Químicos (IMIQ)
Instituto Americano de Ingenieros Químicos (AIChE)
Instituto Tecnológico de Massachusetts (MIT). Cursos en línea gratuitos
Centro para Ingeniería, Ética y Sociedad (CEES)
Sociedad Americana de Química (ACS)
Science Direct. Base de datos de textos científicos
Head of the Chemical Engineering Area
Dra. Mónica Alcalá Rodríguez
Phone: 8329 4000 Extensions 6281 and 6349
E-mail Address: email@example.com